- Born: 1835, Town, Camborne, Cornwall
- Christened: 1 Aug 1835, Camborne, Cornwall
- Married: 13 Jan 1861, Camborne, Cornwall
- Died: 1880, Camborne, Cornwall
Another name for James was James SAUNDERS.
In 1851, James Sanders (16) of Camborne, farm labourer, was with his parents in Treswithian, Camborne.
In 1861 James Saunders (25) of Camborne, tin miner, and wife Elizabeth (22) of Gwinear were on Wellington St., Camborne.
In 1871 James Sanders (35) of Camborne, tin miner, and wife Elizabeth (33) of Gwinear, were on College St., Camborne with children (born in Camborne): Harriet (9), scholar, James (8), scholar, Barbara (5), scholar, Elizabeth A. (3)
James Sanders died during the 3rd Quarter aged 44 years (GROE Death Index, vol. 5c, p. 174).
James married Elizabeth HARRY, daughter of James HARRY and Temperance Branwell EVA, on 13 Jan 1861 in Camborne, Cornwall. (Elizabeth HARRY was born about 1839 in Gwinear, Cornwall, christened on 10 Feb 1839 in Gwinear, Cornwall and was buried on 22 Oct 1910 in Camborne, Cornwall.)
James Saunders, 25, of College Row, bachelor, miner, son of Robert Saunders, miner, and
Elizabeth Harry, 22, of Market Place, spinster, domestic servant, daughter of John Harry*, carpenter
Married by Banns
Witnesses: William Eva, Elizabeth Dunn Richards
* This is incorrect, as Elizabeth was staying with her grandparents William Eva and Barbara in 1851. Their daughter, Temperance, married James Harry, not John Harry.