|Teresa PELÁEZ, Condessa de Carrión
Teresa PELÁEZ, Condessa de Carrión
- Died: 3 Oct 1093
The Chronicon Regum Legionensium names (in order) "count Pedro Peláez, Ordoño Peláez, Pelayo Peláez, Muño Peláez, and the mother of count Suero and his brothers, and countess Teresa of Carrión who built the church of San Zoilo" as the children of "Pelayo Froílaz" & his wife. "Homines de Villanova et de Torres…" sold property to "comite Gomez Didaz et uxori vestre comitissa domna Tarasia" by charter dated 8 Nov 1057. "Tarasia comitissa" donated the monastery of San Zoilo de Carrión to Cluny dated 1 Aug 1076 (confirmed dated 29 Jan 1077) with her seven children, naming their father "comitis Gomis Didas".
The Annales Compostellani record the death “V Non Oct” in 1093 of “Tarasia Comitisa”, adding that she built the church of San Zoilo de Carrión. 1
Teresa married Gómez Díaz DE SALDAÑA, Conde de Carrión, son of Cde Diego Fernández DE SALDAÑA, and Cdsa Marina [ANSÚREZ]. (Gómez Díaz DE SALDAÑA died after 8 Nov 1057.)
1 Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, Medlands: Teresa Peláez.