Sir William BORLASE of Marlowe & Bockmore
- Born: Abt 1564, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
- Married: Abt 1588
- Died: 4 Sep 1628
- Buried: 10 Sep 1628, Little Marlow, Buckingham, England
Another name for William was William BURLACY.
The history and antiquities of the hundred of Desborough, and deanery of Wycombe, in Buckinghamshire: including the borough towns of Wycombe and Marlow, and sixteen parishes, by Thomas Langley, p. 328
In 1628, Sir William Borlase bequeathed estates [in Great Marlow] for teaching twenty-four poor children, apprenticing six of them annually, and teaching twenty-four women to make bone-lace, and a man to keep a house of correction.
A topographical dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, p. 259
He matriculated at Magdalen College, Oxford on 17 November 1581, aged 17. He was a student of Gray's Inn in 1584, as of Little Marlow. In 1601 he was High Sheriff of Buckinghamshire. He was knighted at Beddington, Surrey on 28 June 1603. In 1604 he was elected Member of Parliament for Aylesbury. He was elected MP for Buckinghamshire in 1614.
William married Mary BACKHOUSE, daughter of Nicholas BACKHOUSE of Cheapside, Mdx and Anne CURZON, about 1588. (Mary BACKHOUSE was buried on 18 Jul 1625 in Little Marlow, Buckingham, England.)