Elizabetha filia Hugonis Thomas Armiger & Mariæ [Pie]rce (baptismal record)
Named as a beneficiary in her father's Will (1750)
Sole executrix and residuary legatee of her mother's Will (1785)
Abstract of the Will of Elizabeth Thomas of Carnarvon in the County of Carnarvon, spinster, written 8 Feb 1804, inventory taken 17 Jun 1807, will proved 1 Aug 1807, probate granted 26 Oct 1808.
Gives & devises to Richard Edwards of Towyn in the county of Merioneth Esquire and David Anwyl of Bala in the same county Esquire all her capital and other messuages, lands, tenements and hereditaments in the parishes of Llanfihangel, Talyllyn, Pennal and Llangelynin known as Bodilan fawr, Dolymaen, Bodilan fach, Lifin, Llechwedd bodio and Tynllech upon Trust that they raise the sum of £3800 by mortgaging her aforesaid real estate.
Out the above sum she gives & bequeaths the following:
- £1000 to her niece Mary the wife of the said David Anwyl.
- £1000 to her niece Mary Edwards daughter of the said Richard Edwards.
- £500 to her nephew Anthony Morgan of Hendre.
- £200 to her niece Catherine Morgan.
- £200 to her niece Ellin the wife of Owen Lewis of Barmouth in county Merioneth, mariner, and their children.
- £100 to her nephew Pierce Morgan and his children.
- £100 to her niece Elizabeth Pugh the wife of the Reverend Richard Pugh of Pant, and after her decease said son will pass to her son John Pugh.
- £100 to her sister Mary Morgan of Plas canol, and after her decease, to Mary Davies, daughter of the said Elizabeth Pugh, and to Mary Lewis, daughter of the said Ellin Lewis, to be divided equally among them.
- £100 to Rice Owen Anwyl the son of her niece Mary Anwyl.
- £100 to the said Richard Edwards & David Anwyl for their own use.
The mortgaged real estate abovementioned she gives & devises to her nephew Hugh Owen second son of the Reverend Griffith Owen of Llanenddwyn Clerk.
Gives & bequeaths £10 to the Reverend Griffith Owen of Llanenddwyn, Clerk, and to his son her nephew £10.
Gives & bequeaths £10 to her nephew Edward Edwards.
Gives & bequeaths £10 to her niece Margaret Morgan.
All the rest & residue of her personal estate she gives & bequeaths to her sister Catherine the wife of the said Griffith Owen and to her said niece Mary the wife of the said David Anwyl, share and share alike, nominating and appointing them co-executrices of her last will and testament.
Ant? Poole & W.P. Poole, attorneys at Carnarvon, Will: Ellis, clerk to W. C. A. Poole. 3