- Christened: 23 Apr 1809, Preshute, Wiltshire, England 1
- Married (1): 5 Mar 1832, St. Peter & St. Paul, Marlborough, Wiltshire, England 2
- Married (2): 25 Oct 1868, St. James the Great, Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England 3
- Buried: 18 Apr 1887, Coulsdon, Surrey, England 4
In 1871 John Tucker (61) of Preshute Wilts, agricultural labourer, and [2nd] wife Amelia (58) of East Grinstead Sussex, were living in Cottage 4, Sanderstead, Surrey.
In 1881 John Tucker (71) of Preshute Wiltshire, widower, no occupation, was with his daughter Elizabeth A. Giddington and her family in Ladbrooke Rd., Reigate Surrey.
John Tucker died aged 78 years. 5
John married Mary Ann DAVIS, daughter of James DAVIS and Jane BECKLEY, on 5 Mar 1832 in St. Peter & St. Paul, Marlborough, Wiltshire, England. (Mary Ann DAVIS was christened on 5 Aug 1804 in Collingbourne Kingston, Wiltshire, England and was buried on 25 Mar 1866 in Coulsdon St. John, Surrey, England, aged 62 years.)
John also married Amelia OWDEN, widow, daughter of James TAYLOR and Ann, on 25 Oct 1868 in St. James the Great, Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England. (Amelia TAYLOR was christened on 29 Dec 1811 in East Grinstead, Sussex, England and died in 1879 in the Croydon District, Surrey, England.)
John Tucker, full age, widower, labourer, of 42 Pollard Row, son of Robert Tucker, deceased, and
Amelia Owten*, full age, widow, of 42 Pollard Row, daughter of James Taylor, deceased
Married by Banns
Witnesses: William Edwards, Emma Edwards
* bride signed her surname Owden.