- Born: 1827, Boston, Lincolnshire, England
- Christened: 3 Jun 1827, Methodist Chapel, Red Lion St., Boston, Lincoln, England
- Married: 15 Oct 1852, Boston St. Botolph, Lincolnshire, England 1
- Died: 15 Jan 1880, Kingston, S.A., Australia 2
- Buried: 17 Jan 1880, West Terrace Cemetery, Adelaide, S.A., Australia 3
William Pinches, 25, and wife Winifred Layton (Gunby), 31, of Boston Lincolnshire, arrived in Port Adelaide per the barque Ramillies on 19 May 1853.
Funeral Notice: "The friends of the late Mr. William Pinches are respectfully informed that his remains will be removed from his son's residence, Brown-street, for internment in the West Terrace Cemetery, tomorrow (Saturday) at 4 p.m." 3 4
William married Winifred Layton GUNBY, daughter of Daniel GUNBY and Maria, on 15 Oct 1852 in Boston St. Botolph, Lincolnshire, England 1. (Winifred Layton GUNBY was christened on 12 Feb 1818 in Boston St. Botolph, Lincolnshire, England, died on 26 Nov 1898 in Robe, S.A., Australia 5 and was buried on 26 Nov 1898 in Robe Cemetery, Robe, S.A., Australia 5.)
William Pinches, son of William Pinches, and Winifred Layton Gunby, daughter of Samuel Gunby.