1. Elizabeth VON HOHENSTAUFEN
2. Jeanne DE DAMMARTIN
- Infante don Alfonso X "el Sabio" DE CASTILLA+
- Infante don Fadrique DE CASTILLA y León, Señor de Sanlúcar de Albaída, Gelves...
- Infante don Fernando DE CASTILLA y León
- Infanta doña Leonor DE CASTILLA y León (d.y.)
- Infanta doña Berenguela DE CASTILLA y León, Cistercian Nun
- Infante don Enrique "el Senador" DE CASTILLA y León, Señor de Écija, Medellín, Dueñas...
- Infante don Felipe DE CASTILLA y León, Abbot of Castrojeriz & Valladolid
- Infante don Sancho DE CASTILLA y León, Archbishop of Toledo
- Infante don Manuel DE CASTILLA y León, Señor de Elche y Villena...
- Infanta doña María DE CASTILLA y León (d.y.)
Infante don Fernando III "el Santo" DE CASTILLA y León
- Born: 5 Aug 1201, León, Spain
- Married (1): 30 Nov 1219, Burgos, Castile
- Married (2): Bef Aug 1237, Burgos, Castile
- Died: 30 May 1252, Salamanca, León, Spain
Also known as Fernando III ALFONSEZ, King of Castile and León
He was born when the Queen was travelling from Salamanca to Zamora, in the forest near the monastery of Bellofonte.
He succeeded his maternal uncle in 1217 as FERNANDO III “el Santo” King of Castile, Toledo and Extremadura. He succeeded his father in 1230 as FERNANDO III King of León and Galicia. He led successful campaigns against the Moors, conquering Córdoba (1236), Murcia (1242), Jaén (1246), and Seville (1248 after a siege of 16 months). The Kings of Granada and Murcia declared themselves his vassals.
He was making preparations for a crusade into North Africa, for which he was negotiating for support from Henry III King of England, when he died. King Fernando III was the first of his family to quarter the arms of Castile with León. He was canonised by Pope Clement X in 1671, feast day 30 May. The Nobiliario of Pedro Conde de Barcelos records that "D. Fernando Alonso" died "Era 1290" (1252) and was buried "en Sevilla". 1
Fernando married Elizabeth VON HOHENSTAUFEN, daughter of Philip II VON HOHENSTAUFEN, Holy Roman Emperor, and Irini Maria ANGELINA, Queen of Sicily, on 30 Nov 1219 in Burgos, Castile. (Elizabeth VON HOHENSTAUFEN was born in 1205 in Nürnberg, Germany and died on 5 Nov 1235 in Toro, Spain.)
Fernando also married Jeanne DE DAMMARTIN, daughter of Simon II DE DAMMARTIN, comte d'Aumâle & de Ponthieu, and Ctsse Marie DE PONTHIEU et de Montreuil, before Aug 1237 in Burgos, Castile. (Jeanne DE DAMMARTIN was born about 1220 in Dammartin, France and died on 15 Mar 1278/9 in Abbeville, France.).