John HELY of North Carlton
- Born: Abt 1809, Dublin, Ireland
- Married (1): 3 Sep 1832, St. Phillip's, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 1 2
- Married (2): 2 Nov 1855, Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 3
- Died: 7 Sep 1887, Woodbine Cottage, Drummond St., Nth Carlton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 4 5
- Buried: 8 Sep 1887, General Cemetery, Melbourne
Another name for John was John HEALY.
Compiler's 3 x great grandfather
Occupation: Shipwright, Ireland and N.S.W., Australia.
Immigration; 26 Jun 1823, Per "Woodman".
Memorial; 14 Sep 1825. 14436 Of Kissing Point. Memorial
Land Grant; 28-29 Nov 1825. 14437 On list of persons who have received orders for grants of land (Fiche 3266; 9/2652 p.93); on list of lands granted and reserved by Sir Thomas Brisbane
John married Hannah O'DONNELL, daughter of Hugh O'DONNELL and Mary LAKEMAN, on 3 Sep 1832 in St. Phillip's, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 1 2. (Hannah O'DONNELL was born on 11 Oct 1811 in Parramatta, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 6, christened on 23 Oct 1814 in Parramatta, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 7 and died on 18 Aug 1886 in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia 5.
John Hely of this Parish, shipwright, a Bachelor, and Hannah O'Donnell of this Parish, a Spinster
Married by Banns with consent of Parents
William Cowper, chaplain
Witnesses: John O'Donall, Mary Ann Hely
John also married Susan Maria GARDINER on 2 Nov 1855 in Saint Andrews Presbyterian Church, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 3. (Susan Maria GARDINER was born about 1828 and died on 6 Mar 1883 in Tamar-street, Launceston, Tasmania 8.)