- Born: Abt 1807, St. Agnes, Cornwall
- Married: 5 Aug 1826, Gwinear, Cornwall 1
- Died: 1881, Camborne, Cornwall 2
Note that, in 1861 (below), Elizabeth gave her birth place as Perran, presumably Perranzabuloe, not far from St. Agnes. As such, Elizabeth may have been the daughter of Richard May and Jennifer, christened 2 Sep 1805 in Perranzabuloe.
In 1861, Elizabeth Vivian (53) of Perran, married [sic], was living in College Row, Camborne. Present were children (born in Gwinear): Sarah (25), Eliza (19), work at tin mine, Stephen (15), iron moulder, Mary A. (12), scholar, Francis (3)
In 1871, Elizabeth Vivian (64) of St. Agnes, widow, housekeeper, was living in Trevenson Terrace, Camborne. Present were children: Sarah Vivian (35) of Gwinear, laundress, Eliza Vivian (27) of Gwinear, laundress, Mary Ann Vivian (22) of Gwinear, mine labourer at surface, Frank Vivian* (13) of Camborne, scholar, Mary Louisa Vivian* (10) of Camborne, scholar, Emma Vivian* (4) of Camborne, scholar
* actually grandchildren (see 1881 below).
In 1881, Elizabeth Vivian (74) of St. Agnes, widow, was living in 16 William St., Camborne. Present were daughters Sarah Vivian (42) of Gwinear, charwoman, Eliza Vivian (37) of Gwinear, charwoman, grandchildren: Francis Vivian* (22) of Camborne, tin miner, Elizabeth Vivian* (14) of Camborne, tin miner, Mary Louisa Timby* (19) of Camborne, tin miner
* Francis is shown as a son rather than grandson in the 1861 and 1871 Censuses. Mary Louisa Temby married John Sullivan in 1881. One of the witnesses to the marriage was Francis Vivian. Mary is called daughter of William Temby. In the 1891 Census, her mother was with her - Eliza Vivian. Since Eliza was unmarried in 1871, after Mary Louisa was born (noting she was called Mary Louisa Vivian in 1871), then she must have been Eliza's natural-born daughter by William Temby. In the cemetery record, "Emmie Roberts" is named as Mary's sister; Emmie is Emma Vivian aka Elizabeth Emma Vivian and who married John Roberts in 1889 (under the name Elizabeth Mary Vivian, daughter of William), at which time Mary Louisa Sullivan was a witness. Presumably then, Elizabeth Emma was also a natural-born daughter of Eliza.
Elizabeth Vivian died aged 74 years.
Elizabeth married William VIVIAN of Camborne, son of Johnson VIVIAN and Elizabeth BECKERLEG, on 5 Aug 1826 in Gwinear, Cornwall 1. (William VIVIAN of Camborne was born in 1802 in Gwinear, Cornwall, christened on 5 Sep 1802 in Camborne, Cornwall 3 and was buried on 26 Jun 1859 in Gwinear, Cornwall 1.)
William Vivian and Elizabeth May, both of this parish
Married by Banns
Witnesses: George Hawke, John May