Percy Ernest BOHLSEN
- Born: 1 May 1884, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2
- Married: 1908, Orange, New South Wales, Australia 1
- Died: 12 Apr 1950, Canterbury Hospital, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 3
Percy was an engineer and had a factory near Mascot, known as Courtney & Bohlsen, springmakers
1. Residence; 1912. 389 Oxford St., Paddington, Sydney, N.S.W.
2. Residence; 1914-1916. Sharp St., Canterbury, Sydney, N.S.W.
3. Residence; 1918-1923. Sharp St., Belmore, N.S.W.
4. Residence; 1926-1931. Isabel St., Belmore, N.S.W.
"April 12, 1950, at Canterbury Hospital, of 19 Isobel Street Belmore, dearly loved husband of Blanche Bohlsen and loved father of George and Evie R.I.P."
Will of Percy Ernest Bohlsen, late of Sydney, Company Director.
THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me PERCY ERNEST BOHLSEN of Sydney in the State of New South Wales, Company Director.
1. I HEREBY REVOKE all former Wills and Testamentary dispositions at any time heretofore made by me and declare this only to be my last true will and testament.
2. I APPOINT PERMANENT TRUSTEE COMPANY OF NEW SOUTH WALES LIMITED (hereinafter called my Trustee) to be the Executor and Trustee of this my Will.
3. IN exercise of the powers conferred on me by Clause 103 of the Articles of Association of Courtney & Bohlsen Pty. Limited and of every other power hereunto enabling me I APPOINT my son GEORGE ERNEST BOHLSEN to be a Director of the last mentioned Company in my place and stead.
4. I BEQUEATH to my Trustee all shares held by me in Universal Cash Orders Pty. Limited and all my interests in any shares in the last mentioned Company UPON TRUST to divide the same into two parcels of equal value and as to one of such parcels I DIRECT that my Trustee shall pay transfer or otherwise duly vest the same in my daughter EVELYN BERTHA BROWN for her sole use and benefit.
5. I GIVE DEVISE AND BEQUEATH all my real property and the rest residue and remainder of my personal property (excepting thereout the remaining parcel of shares in Universal Cash Orders Pty. Limited) unto my Trustee UPON TRUST to sell call in and convert the same into money and to stand possessed of the proceeds of such sale calling in and conversion together with any ready moneys owned by me UPON TRUST to pay thereout my debts funeral and testamentary expenses (which last expression shall be deemed to mean and include Estate Duty payable to the Government if the Commonwealth of Australia and all Probate Death and Succession Duties which may be found to be payable in respect of my said real and personal property by virtue of my death to any Statutory or Government Authority wheresoever situated) AND after making all the payments aforesaid I DIRECT that my Trustee shall hold the residue of the said proceeds of sale together with any ready moneys owned by me (which said proceeds and ready moneys and the said remaining parcel of shares in Universal Cash Orders Pty. Limited are hereinafter collectively referred to in the expression my "residuary estate") upon the trusts following that is to say — (a) TO INVEST the same in any investments hereafter authorised for my residuary estate (the said remaining parcel of shares remaining in my Trustee's discretion in the same form of investment as the same may be at the time of my death). (b) TO pay out of the net income arising from my residuary estate the sum of two hundred and eight pounds (£208) per annum by equal weekly payments to my wife BLANCHE EVELYN BOHLSEN during her life. (c) TO pay any surplus income arising in any year or part of a year from my residuary estate to my said son GEORGE ERNEST BOHLSEN during the life of my said Wife FROM and after the death of my said wife I DIRECT that my Trustee shall hold the said remaining parcel of shares or the investments for the time being representing the same UPON TRUST for my daughter EVELYN BERTHA BROWN for her own sole use and benefit absolutely AND I DIRECT that my Trustee shall hold the remainder of my residuary estate UPON TRUST to pay and transfer the same to my said son GEORGE ERNEST BOHLSEN absolutely.
6. I DECLARE that in the event of the income from my residuary estate being insufficient to meet the payment of Two hundred and eight pounds (£208) per annum to my said wife by weekly payments then any such deficiency shall be made up out of the corpus of my residuary estate excepting thereout the said remaining parcel of shares in Universal Cash Orders Pty. Limited.
7. I DECLARE that my Trustee shall be entitled to exercise the following powers and authorities in relation to the administration of the trusts of this my Will and it — (a) MAY postpone the sale calling in and conversion for so long as it may from time to time in its absolute discretion think fit without answering for any loss that may be occasioned thereby. (b) MAY invest my residuary estate in any investments authorised by law for the investment for trust funds and it shall be lawful for my Trustee to retain as authorised investments for my residuary estate any of the investments in which my real or personal property may be at the time of my death. (c) MAY exercise all the powers conferred upon a Trustee for sale by the provisions of the Trustee Act 1925 and the Acts amending the same. IN TESTIMONY whereof I have hereunto set my hand this twenty third day of January one thousand nine hundred and forty two.
P. E. BOHLSEN.
SIGNED by the said Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us both present at the same time who at his request in his presence and in the present of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses:— M. J. FLEMING Solicitor, Sydney, S. BECK Clerk to W. P. McElhone & Co. Solicitors, Sydney.
9th October 1950 PROBATE of the Will was granted to PERMANENT TRUSTEE COMPANY OF NEW SOUTH WALES LIMITED the executor named therein. TESTATOR DIED 12th April 1950. Estate sworn at £27,268. 3. 11 net." 4
Percy married Blanch Eveline STEPHENSON, daughter of Thomas STEPHENSON and Mary O'NEILL, in 1908 in Orange, New South Wales, Australia 1. (Blanch Eveline STEPHENSON was born in 1884 in Canterbury, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia and died on 20 Feb 1959 in Belmore, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 5 6.)