Daphne Edna Ruth BURWOOD
- Born: 1902, Mudgee District, New South Wales, Australia 1
- Married: 15 May 1926, Warren Methodist Church, Marrickville, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia
- Died: 31 Oct 1943, Concord, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 2 3
Australian Electoral Rolls...
In 1930, 1933, 1936 and 1943, Daphne Edna Ruth Kemp, home duties, and husband Reginald Henry Kemp, clerk, were at 8 Iandra Street, Concord West.
'...beloved wife of Reginald and mother of Alan, Bruce and Ruth, beloved sister of Vere, Roy, Una, Jack and Bob (deceased) Burwood, Eva (Mrs. Chaffter) and Belle (Mrs. Mackie). Died aged 41 years.'
Will of Daphne Edna Kemp, late of Concord West near Sydney in the State of New South Wales, Married Woman.
THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me DAPHNE EDNA RUTH KEMP the wife of Reginald Hemry Kemp of Concord West near Sydney in the State of New South Wales, Civil Servant.
1. I REVOKE all Wills and Testamentary dispositions at any time heretofore made by me and declare this to be my last Will and Testament.
2. I APPOINT my dear husband REGINALD HENRY KEMP to be sole Executor and Trustee of this my Will.
3. I GIVE DEVISE AND BEQUEATH the whole of my property both real and personal wheresoever situate to the said REGINALD HENRY KEMP absolutely. IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto set my hand to this my Will at Sydney this Thirtieth day of May One thousand nine hundred and thirty eight.
DAPHNE E. R. KEMP.
SIGNED by the said Testatrix as and for her last Will and Testament in the sight and presence of us both present at the same time who at her request in her sight and presence and in the sight and presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses: ALEXANDER B. MACKIE, 28 Iandra St. Concord West, Sheet Metal Worker, IRENE B. MACKIE, 28 Iandra St., Concord West, Domestic Duties.
21st December, 1943. On this date Probate of the last Will of the abovenamed deceased was granted to REGINALD HENRY KEMP of Concord West near Sydney, Civil Servant, the sole Executor named in the said Will. TESTATRIX died on the 31st day of October, 1943.... ESTATE SWORN at the sum of £379:10:3 nett." 4
Daphne married Reginald Henry KEMP of Eastwood, son of Henry John KEMP and Margaret Jane PIPER, on 15 May 1926 in Warren Methodist Church, Marrickville, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia. (Reginald Henry KEMP of Eastwood was born on 23 Apr 1898 in Tumut, New South Wales, Australia and died on 19 Jan 1972 in Eastwood, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 5.)
"May 15, 1926, at Warren Methodist Church, Marrickville, by Rev. Watkin Furner, Reginald Henry, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. H. J. Kemp, Marrickville, to Daphne Edna Ruth, youngest daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. J. Burwood, Marrickville." 6 7