- Born: 15 Sep 1857, Councill Hill, Jo Daviess Co., IL, USA 2 3
- Married (1): 27 Feb 1878, Council Hill, Jo Daviess, IL, USA 1
- Married (2): 4 Apr 1884, Guilford, Jo Daviess, IL, USA
- Died: 27 Dec 1927, Okmulgee Co., OK, USA 3
- Buried: West Lawn Cemetery, Henryetta, Okmulgee, OK, USA
In 1880, Newton Davis (22) of Illinois, farmer, and wife Catharine (26) of Illinois, keeping house, were living in Marietta, Marshall, Iowa. Present were daughters Sarah J. (1) and Clara E.* (3m). [Newton's brother James and his wife were living nextdoor.]
* Presumably Clara was Newton's niece (daughter of elder brother James), unless both families had daughters Clara E. born in Feb 1880 in Iowa.
In 1900, Newton Davis (42) of Illinois, coal miner, and [2nd] wife 16 years Agnes (43) of Ohio (mother of 10 children, 1 deceased) were living in Thurber, Erath, Texas. Present were children: Maud Freeman* (19) of Iowa, her husband Tom Freeman (39) of Ohio, Marry Davis (15) of Nebraska, at school, Myra Davis (13) of Nebraska, at school, Mellie Davis (12) of Nebraska, at school, Catherine (9) of Texas, Alvin (5) of Texas, Theresa (3) of Texas, Cecelina (10m) of Texas, grandson George Freeman (7m) of Texas, grand stepson Floyd Freeman (15) of Texas.
* Maud, born before 1882, would have been the daughter of Newton's first marriage.
In 1910, Newton Davis (52) of Illinois, coal miner, and wife of 26 years Agnes S. (52) of Ohio (mother of 9 children, 1 deceased), were living in Henry, Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Present were children (born in TX): Alvin B. C. (15), Theresa E. (13), Cecilina (10)
In 1920, Newton Davis (62) of Illinois, coal miner, and wife Agnes Susan (62) of Ohio, were living in Dewar, Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Present were daughters Ethel Davis (23) of Texas, Cecil Evans (20) of Texas, divorced, granddaughter Helen Evans (2y 2m) of Oklahoma.
Newton married Catherine PASSMORE, daughter of William PASSMORE and Sarah Olive HUGHES, on 27 Feb 1878 in Council Hill, Jo Daviess, IL, USA 1. (Catherine PASSMORE was born about 1855 in Illinois, USA and died on 19 Feb 1882 in Marietta, Marshall, IA, USA 1.)
A private submission to the IGI gives a date of 26 Sep 1878.
Newton also married Agnes Suzanne LUKE on 4 Apr 1884 in Guilford, Jo Daviess, IL, USA. (Agnes Suzanne LUKE was born on 22 Jun 1857 in Ohio, USA, died on 22 Apr 1928 and was buried in West Lawn Cemetery, Henryetta, Okmulgee, OK, USA.)