Thomas Wemyss JOYCE
- Born: 6 Dec 1824, St. Marylebone, London, England 3
- Christened: 20 Mar 1825, St. Marylebone, London, England 3
- Married (1): 19 Dec 1847, Paddington, London, Middlesex, England 1
- Married (2): 6 Apr 1859, Paddington, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 2
- Died: 7 Apr 1866, Rose & Crown Hotel, Glenmore Rd., Paddington, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 4 5
compiler's great, great grandfather
At the time of his marriage to Ann Pike, Thomas W. Joyce was a baker.
Thomas and his family arrived in Sydney, N.S.W., Australia on 13 Jan 1855 per S.S. Bangalore
Baker, Policeman (1855-1859); Publican of the "Rose & Crown" in Glenmore St., Paddington, NSW.
"On the 7th instant, at his residence, Rose and Crown Hotel, Glenmore Road, Paddington, Mr. THOMAS W. JOYCE, of consumption, aged 41 years."
Thomas married Ann PIKE, daughter of George PIKE and Elizabeth DAVIS, on 19 Dec 1847 in Paddington, London, Middlesex, England 1. (Ann PIKE was born in 1828 in Andover, Wiltshire, England, christened on 12 Oct 1828 in Collingbourne Ducis, Wiltshire, England 6 and died on 22 Mar 1855 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.)
Thomas Joyce, full age, bachelor, baker, of Titchborne Street, son of William Joyce, baker, and
Ann Pike, full age, spinster, of Edgware Road, daughter of George Pike, game keeper
Married after Banns
Witnesses: Willm. Hogg, Elizabeth Micke?
Thomas also married Mary BRADLEY on 6 Apr 1859 in Paddington, Sydney, N.S.W., Australia 2. (Mary BRADLEY died on an unknown date.)